Friday, June 10, 2011

Family Reunion and Scott's Wedding - 12/2010

For Scott and Jear's wedding, most of my family came into town.  Sara came in on Saturday, November 27th.  We got to hang out quite a bit.  Heather, Willie, David, and Aunt Betty arrived on Wednesday, December 1st.

On Thursday, Mark flew in.  Also, Heather, Aunt Betty, my mom, my mother-in-law, and I went to my mom's intuitive healer.  That was very interesting because he told us what we should and shouldn't eat.  Some of the things he told me to limit are: gluten, meat, fish, the nightshades, mushrooms, walnuts, pecans, and chocolate (yeah, right!)  I noticed that as I was limiting these foods, I lost some of the weight left from having the twins.  When I eat too much of any of those foods, my stomach bothers me.  Heather has many of the same limitations, except she can have chocolate, of which I am jealous!  I still eat it anyway.  We decided to start a blog with foods that we can eat.  We also had our feet soaked to remove some of the toxins in our blood.  After that, we went to Whole Foods to stock up on some of the foods we can eat. I mostly just hung out with Louise, my mother-in-law.  It was quite fun!

On Friday, for the most part, we just hung out, while Sara and Mark went into New York City to sightsee.  Friday night, Brian arrived.

On Saturday, we went out to breakfast at 9:00 and then had Eliza's baptism at 1:00.  At around 5:00, we went and had family pictures taken and then everyone gathered at our house, since it was nearby.  Dad, Heather, and I stayed until the pictures were printed.  Heather and I went and had some food at Chipotle while we waited.  When we got back, the usual game of dominoes was already going.  That seems to be the game of choice whenever Willie or my father-in-law is here.

Scott and Jear had their wedding on Sunday, December 5.  So, we went to church for sacrament meeting and then straight to the place where they would be married.  Jear looked beautiful and Scott was handsome in their wedding garb. The wedding ceremony was performed by our bishop.


The reception was really nice.  The hors d'oeuvres, dinner, and cake were delicious.  It was great being with family and seeing friends. Eliza and Ashleigh had a lot fun dancing and everyone else enjoyed watching them!  It was difficult to get Eliza to leave!

After the wedding, all of our family that was still in town (Brian had to leave right after the wedding), met at our house for dinner for our last night all together.  Heather, Sara,  and their families and Michael's parents were flying back home the next day.  We had a great time together!

I got to see Heather, Willie, David and Aunt Betty on Monday morning one last time before they headed back home.  It was so much fun to have everyone here.  I love my family!

No comments: