I didn't get a whole lot of pictures of the kids in their costumes. My camera battery was dead when we went to the ward Halloween party on October 25 and Halloween day was kind of weird...
Jonathon left to go on a camping trip with Michael and his Boy Scout troop just after school (and Michael did ask me about a week before the trip if it was okay). Unfortunately, Jonathon changed out of his costume before I could get a picture of him, but he was Harry Potter. I think he was a better Harry Potter than Daniel Radcliffe. Maybe I'm just biased, but Jonathon's hair was messy unlike Daniel's!
Christian, Nathaniel and Eliza went trick-or-treating with the neighbors. They seemed to have a really good time. I'm kind of sad that I didn't get to go. Timmy, Katie and I stayed behind because they still weren't feeling very well. I put Katie's black cat costume on anyway and got a picture of her. Timmy was Mater (small surprise!), but I didn't put his costume on at all on Halloween.
Christian was Darth Vader. He wanted to be Sirius Black, but they don't have costumes for that and he didn't want to make one. Then he wanted to be a dementor, but I thought it was too scary, especially for my younger kids. He was pretty happy to be Darth Vader, especially since I got him a light saber.
Nathaniel wanted to be Superman because that was his favorite ride at Six Flags. He actually makes a great Superman. He almost doesn't need the fake pecs!
Eliza saw a unicorn costume at Target and fell in love with it. I didn't tell her that she was actually the unicorn's legs and a princess from the waist up. She may not have liked it so well since she was reluctantly a princess last year. After she got back from trick-or-treating, she wouldn't put her costume back on so I could get a picture of her. Who can blame her? She just got a lot of candy!
We actually carved some pumpkins this year. Christian is the reason we did. He did some major cleaning since I told him (all of them actually) that we wouldn't be carving pumpkins with our house looking the way it did. Then he kept after me until we did it. We carved one on Monday, October 27 and another one on Thursday, October 30.
1 comment:
Love the Halloween pics and the background story. It's so nice to know what is going on in your lives. I really want to try and get that PC camera and phone thing so I can both talk to and see you guys at the same time.
Post a Comment