Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 1 of 180

I sure hope ALL school mornings aren't going to be as stressful as this morning.

Actually, the most stressful part was trying to get Jonathon and Christian out the door before the bus came at 7:35. Katie wanted to eat half an hour after I hoped she would, Jonathon was finishing up his summer work, I made scrambled eggs for breakfast, and my mom came by with donuts (now a tradition - thanks mom!). I was finishing packing the kids' lunch when the bus came, so Christian took a lunch and Jonathon bought his. Luckily, the bus stop is just a couple of houses down, so they made it to the bus in time.

Nathaniel and Eliza were up at about 7:00, so they had plenty of time to get ready. We took the stroller and walked them to school at 8:30. I took Eliza and Nathaniel inside to sit with their classes in the gym. Eliza did fine and didn't look upset or anything when I left.



I guess Timmy had a hard morning. He fell asleep at 11:30 under Katie's swing of all places!



When Jonathon and Christian got off the bus after school, they ran home. They looked pretty happy to be back!


As soon as Jonathon and Christian got home, I left to pick up Nathaniel and Eliza. Both Timmy and Katie were still asleep, so I didn't want to wake them up. When I picked them up, both of their teachers said that they had had a good day.

It was nice to have an early closing on the first day of school, but I'm really looking forward to six whole hours of mostly peace and quiet!

2 comments:

Jennifer Lovell said...

Mandy, thanks for sharing your blog address with me! It's been fun to check in with your family again. Your boys are growing up so handsome : ), and I can't believe the younger 3 are so big! Well, Katie still looks little : ). Anyway, I'm glad to see you are all well! Thanks for staying in touch!

Patricia said...

Mandy, I had to put my head on my arm while reading this. Wow! That sure must take a lot of energy just to start your day. If my mornings went like that, I would be under the swing with Timmy too, taking a snooze.

I love the blue background on your blog and also the wedding photo of you and your hubbie.

I hope you get your six hours of calm this week :-)