Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Two Weeks Late

Tonight, I finally got Jonathon all ready to start school. I wanted him to have new shoes, some new clothes, school supplies, a new haircut, new glasses, and of course a father's blessing before school started two weeks ago. The shoes, clothes, and school supplies were ready for the first day of school. The father's blessing was done the following weekend. He got a new haircut a week later. The glasses were last on the list.

Jonathon had an eye doctor appointment today after school. We got there at 4:30, picked out frames, and were leaving by 5:15. Not bad. The secretary said they would do the glasses "in house" and would be done much sooner than sending them out. She felt bad for him with his broken glasses (the temple piece was missing) and wanted them done as soon as possible. She said they would probably be done this weekend. Jose (who made them) called me at 6:55 and said they were done already! Luckily, today they are open late, so we went and picked them up. I told Jose that he's my hero. Apparently he hears that a lot.


2 comments:

Kristin said...

He looks so grown up in cool glasses AND braces!

Anonymous said...

Cool glasses. I like them.