A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to my mother-in-law on the phone. Michael and I really wanted to go to Puerto Rico for Christmas this year, but as we looked at finances, we decided it would be too expensive to buy seven airplane tickets when they are the most expensive (everyone wants to get away from the cold and I can't say I blame them!)So I told Mom that, unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to come. Then I had an epiphany. THEY could come up HERE! I know how much they love to FREEZE. Actually, I was almost hesitant to ask, because Mom suffers a lot from the cold and Dad hates it. However, Mom was excited and Dad was resigned to come. The kids are really excited and so am I. We normally don't have guests for Christmas. It will be great because not only do the kids have the week between Christmas and New Year's off, but Michael's company shuts down during that time, too! We are going to have a fabulous time, even if we can't get away from the cold and go on vacation. We are all looking forward to having you here, Mom and Dad!
The picture is of Michael's mom August 2007 when they came up for Nathaniel's baptism. She doesn't care to have her picture taken, so out of respect for that, I posted this online, but at least I kept it small! Love you, Mom!
3 comments:
We're going to have to plan some kind of special outing all together b/c John and I have off that week too!
Where are we having Christmas?
We are very excited, too! Besides seeing Grandma and Grandpa (great excitement!!!!!!!!) the boys will want to have updates on the dogs.
As much as I love living here, I do miss all of you more than you could ever know. I can't wait to be with you for Christmas. I am probably more excited than all of you put together. Love you, Mom
Post a Comment