Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jonathon's 13th Birthday

Jonathon's birthday began with his favorite breakfast. Waffles and sausage. He went to school and, I assume, had a pretty good day. When he got home, my mom was here waiting to take him out. They went to a couple of places, one of which was Toys "R" Us, with $20 from me burning a hole in his pocket. He was so kind to buy himself an inexpensive Lego set so that he could buy Timmy a gift, too. While he was gone, Christian helped me decorate the house with streamers for his party. I wanted Jonathon to feel special on his birthday because Michael was still on his business trip and I knew that Jonathon was disappointed that Michael wouldn't be here. Jonathon and my parents got here about 6:45 p.m. and we ate Jonathon's requested dinner. Lasagna, garlic bread, and Caesar's salad. Yum!

After dinner, Jonathon opened his gifts: another puzzle (jungle picture this time) complete with a roll-up mat, an i-Dog, and a water tennis game from Grandma and Grandpa.

Timmy also opened his gifts: a Buzz Lightyear mini-hovercraft (with wheels) from Jonathon and a WALL-E beanbag chair, Thomas the Tank Engine pajama pants, a Lightning McQueen pajama shirt (sold on clearance as a set, now we know why!) and a Shake 'N Go Lightning McQueen from Grandma and Grandpa.

After Jonathon opened his i-Dog, I plugged it into my i-Pod and all the kids gathered around to watch it.

Then we had Jonathon's favorite cake and ice cream: carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream.

So even though Michael wasn't here, we still had a great time and I know it was better because Grandma and Grandpa were here!

P.S. When Michael got home on the 11th, he brought Jonathon two books since Jonathon LOVES to read. They are "Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo" and "Leven Thumps and the Whispered Secret", Books 1 & 2 by Obert Skye. Michael has a knack for picking out good books...we'll see if that holds true for these!

2 comments:

Michael said...

Do I sense doubt in your tone? Have I ever let you down on a book recommendation? I should be insulted!

Mandy said...

Well, you are the one that first brought home the Harry Potter books. I also really like the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. So it was only doubt that I would like these as much as I enjoy the other books. I guess that would be the fault of the author, though, not you!