Monday, February 16, 2009

Michael, the "President"

The kids get President's Day off from school every year. Michael tells them that they have it off because of his birthday. The best part was that this year he got it off, too!

He got a phone call at 8 a.m. from Scott asking him if he was dressed and had shoes on. Then he told him to go outside. Michael came back in with a steak and cheese bagel from McDonald's and a "Kung Fu Panda" Po that says over 50 phrases and does kung fu moves. The kids love it!


Michael had a pretty relaxing day. He took a good nap (he's still getting over the six hour time change from the Netherlands), did some stuff on his computer (he SAID he was working), and read the newspaper.

This evening, we went to our favorite Japanese restaurant. The kids were fascinated by the hibachi. The volcano created mixed reactions, though. Jonathon, Christian, and Nathaniel loved it. Eliza hid her face because it was too hot and Timmy tried to run away!

Just after we got home, my parents stopped by to give Michael his gift. The kids ran up to my room and got the rest of his gifts to open. He got a restaurant gift card, m&m's, some tools, 3 books about the Mets, and replacement darts for his dartboard that he got last year.

Happy Birthday, George! Or should I say Abe?

3 comments:

Love Lorri said...

Holy Cow! Taylor is going to Shogun tonight for a friends party and I have been craving it ALL day. Also, trying to get ahold of Rick to see if he will take me there, no kids here tonight between dance and sleepovers...keep your fingers crossed for me!
Happy Birthday Michael!

Michael said...

Oh, yeah, I forgot that I did get some m&ms. What happened to them?

I generally don't get to enjoy the sweets that come into the house, they're usually gone before I even knew they existed.

Mandy said...

Timmy opened them, then everyone else had some before I rescued them. By the way, you keep enjoying them whenever you eat the trail mix that I have in my car and if you would take the other half to work, then you could enjoy them there, too!